- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. It works across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is on safe footing. People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives, from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support.
If you want to gain priceless experience and exposure in one of the fastest-growing scaleups in Europe, helping to make Revolut safer for our customers, employees and shareholders, then apply to join our Risk department today.
What we need
We’re looking for a UK Head of Credit Risk to sit within our 2LOD Risk team reporting directly to the CRO of Revolut UK. As a member of a small team you will have an exciting opportunity to see the whole picture and help everywhere. This role is one of the first in the UK team and sits in the Revolut UK risk management function to support the CRO in the implementation of the credit risk management framework. The successful candidate will be responsible for building the 2LOD Credit Risk function of one of the most successful financial technology firms in the world; and lead all the credit risk management activities. As we are becoming a bank, we are looking to build a highly streamlined, highly efficient risk management framework from scratch. Be part of the adventure!
What you’ll be doing
- Own the Credit Risk Management framework; including the development and maintenance of the credit risk policy, risk appetite statements and KRIs
- Develop and produce analytics, MI and reporting on credit risk to ensure the 1LOD is operating within risk appetite
- Lead the Credit Risk Committees and Credit Risk related projects UK Bank Portfolio Management and oversight of first line Credit book
- Provide review and challenge of first line retail and wholesale credit; including any credit product launches
- Oversee UK Bank credit risk model development and contribute to IFRS9 and ICAAP modelling
- Get involved in the setup of the overall Risk and Governance function
What skills you’ll need
- 2:1 degree from a top university & at least 5 years of work experience in Financial services; with experience working in a successful regulated retail banking environment;
- Good knowledge of the underwriting process (as 1st or 2nd line) for retail and SME customers
- Track record of implementing and maintaining successful credit risk strategies and policies; including technical skills on credit risk modelling and scorecard development
- Knowledge of industry best practice, legislation and regulation relating to credit within retail/wholesale financial activities in the UK
Experience with fundamental credit analysis
- Understanding credit risks for OTC derivatives and repo transactions
- Strong credit technical background with an, independent mind-set ability to create, lead and implement simple, elegant solutions within a short period of time
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.