- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
What we need
We are looking to hire a superstar Senior Internal Auditor who specialises in financial services auditing. This will be a new role within our main London office and the successful candidate will execute internal audits across financial service disciplines both within the UK and across our expanding global business.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Head of Internal Audit (Financial Services) to develop and execute audit programs in accordance with internal audit policies, procedures, methodologies, regulatory requirements and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Proactively seek ways to make the best use of data as part of our audit process including to inform our understanding of risks, test controls and provide relevant insights to the business
- Provide input and assist in the identification of relevant risks and regulatory requirements for incorporation as part of our audit scope and work programs.
- Interact with staff to obtain an understanding of relevant risks, controls and processes
- Assist in communicating and discussing findings with business unit management
- Assist in developing audit reports which identify deficiencies and underlying root causes; provide recommendations to mitigate/address deficiencies while adding value to Revolut
- Conduct research and successfully complete assigned training requirements necessary to maintain relevance
- Work closely with business units at all levels to develop recommendations for audit findings, business process optimization, internal control and compliance.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of deficiencies noted during audits
- Monitor audit progress (against expected timelines, scope etc) and project manage to completion, escalating where required in a timely manner.
What skills you’ll need
- 5+ years of professional experience in an audit related-role within a regulated financial services environment
- Strong understanding of Trading, Retail Banking, Payments, Operations, Risk and Treasury processes and key controls
- Excellent understanding of related regulations/directives (including Basel III, MiFID II) and best practice
- Deep knowledge of credit, market and liquidity risks including methods of risk identification, measurement and related concepts (e.g. HQLA, VaR, LGD), and stress testing
- Ideally, experience auditing ICAAP and ILAAP, alongside liquidity and capital risk management more widely.
- You are a data evangelist and proficient in both working with and interpreting data - ideally with practical experience with one of the following: SQL, SAS, Python or R
Knowledge of IIA standards
Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on execution is desirable
CFA or FRM highly desirable.
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual discretionary performance bonus (equity)
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year