- Vilnius, LT
- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Financial Services
About liquidity risk
Liquidity Risk is the independent risk management function responsible for identifying, quantifying, and managing Revolut’s liquidity risk. The team operates as a second line of defence and is responsible for ensuring that global risks and controls are properly managed by first line businesses. We work closely with Treasury, Finance, Operations, Technology, and the broader Risk organization to independently assess and oversee risk taking activities.
Core functions include:
- Development, implementation, and governance of liquidity risk metrics and stress models .
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory stress measures and related reporting.
- Management of risk appetite through limit calibration and monitoring.
- Ongoing engagement with first line businesses to identify, monitor, and govern emerging liquidity risks, including new product risk assessments, maintenance of key policies, procedures, and controls.
- Direct engagement with key stakeholders (CRO), committees (Board, ALCO), and regional regulators on material risk exposures and limit governance.
What you’ll be doing
- Member of the Liquidity Risk Managers team covering key aspects of global Revolut operations.
- Set standards for managing liquidity risk, including risk appetite, balance sheet management, funding plans, and impact assessments/responses to changes in liquidity risk regulations.
- Develop risk management policies, limits, stress testing capabilities, analytics, system support, and reporting infrastructure.
- Model liquidity risks under various stress scenarios with appropriate assumptions and calibrations.
- Monitor Revolut liquidity risk exposures vs. established limits, investigate risk events, and produce related MI reports.
- Establish strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business to enforce current risk management frameworks, identify emerging risks, and provide effective challenge
What you’ll need
- 5+ years proven experience in Liquidity Risk or related discipline, ideally with at least 2 years in a leadership role (preferably in a global firm with centralised risk governance of subsidiaries).
- Strong understanding of various stress testing methodologies along with practical experience with model development, implementation, and governance.
- Excellent understanding of global financial markets, products, and key liquidity risk drivers.
- Strong knowledge of risk-related regulations, their application/impact in the banking industry.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with balance sheet, income statement dynamics and liquidity risk issues and methodologies.
- Ability to break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data to facilitate your work using such tools as SQL, Python, R and Excel/VBA
- Technical background, ideally with a degree in a quantitative discipline from a top university.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and drive change.
- Strong interpersonal skills and English proficiency.
- 45,000 EUR to 60,000 EUR annual salary.
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- Medical insurance
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription