- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Financial Services
What we need
Revolut is seeking an intelligent, dynamic, innovative and driven Head of FinCrime (Japan) responsible for oversight of our compliance with the rules against money laundering and to function as our Money Laundering Reporting Officer and lead the operational and effectiveness of the systems and controls in our Financial Crime Compliance team in Japan. Reporting directly to the Revolut CEO (Japan) and Global Head of Financial Crime, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all Financial Crime activities in Japan.
This position is critical to support the growth of Revolut’s business and will be the focal point for all activity within Revolut relating to anti-money laundering. This role will require the development and maintenance of Revolut’s compliance strategies and relevant policies, and ensure their rigorous implementation across all functions within the business, while guaranteeing sustained regulatory compliance.
The Head of Financial Crime (Japan) will have the level of authority, independence and support to properly carry out his or her responsibilities in connection with our Compliance Program, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Payment Services Directives.
At Revolut we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the financial industry and proven experience in a compliance function that is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance.
Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills is a must as is experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process in financial institutions. This role will demand high-levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
This role will drive implementation of compliance control as highlighted in the AML and Compliance Risk Assessments and include a broad set of cross-functional responsibilities to ensure that all personnel are properly trained, processes are scalable, and metrics are accurately reported.
You will be expected to identify money laundering risk and maintain our systems and controls, considering a range of factors, including our:
- Customer, product and activity profiles;
- Distribution channels;
- Complexity and volume of our transactions;
- Processes and systems; and
- Operating environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintenance of our risk management policies and risk profile in relation to money laundering, including the application of those policies;
- Supervision of our appropriate measures to ensure that money laundering risks are taken into account in our day-to-day operation, including in relation to the development of new products; the taking-on of new customers; and changes in our business profile;
- Building, and taking accountability for, the AML/CTF risk management program and the undertaking of regular AML/CTF risk assessments
- Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant compliance risk and guides management in the development/reviewing/updating of relevant policies, procedures and business practices
- Driving a compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities
- Participating and collaborating in compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conduct compliance assessment and define requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products
- Preparing reports to senior management, the Board and escalating any key or high risk compliance issues within our existing governance structure
- The Head of Financial Crime (Japan) will also provide support to the business with launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met by overseeing the Financial Crime Compliance Team providing guidance, as appropriate.
- Working cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Collaborating with internal Compliance teams (such as Financial Crime, Compliance Operations, Risk & Controls) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
- Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
This role is critical to the overall execution of our Compliance Program. You will need to partner with Legal and work to implement Program changes to comply with the changing regulatory environment and advise change management processes and control requirements.
What skills you’ll need
- You are committed to, and excited about, world class compliance and independent oversight of this important agenda.
- You are an in-depth strategic thinker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across a large number of functional groups and be able to manage the business needs of Revolut.
- You understand the customer experience and make business oriented recommendations to ensure Compliance with key requirements.
- You are capable of hiring and working closely with our Compliance Operations Team and Compliance Technology Team to ensure effective execution of the Compliance Program.
- You have previous experience as an AML regulator (Japan) registered MLRO and a strong background in financial services (bonus if you have experience with or a passion for technology)
- You’re able to influence, coach, and develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels, gaining their acceptance, and driving change
- You are intellectually curious, and you can bring valuable insights into the team and business
- You thrive in dynamic working environments
- You have a data driven approach to problem solving
A little about us
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 12 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we build a Dream Team, we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper, and we Deliver WOW. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- 20 days paid holiday per year
- Up to 10 days paid sick leave per year
- Medical insurance and pension plan as required by Japanese labour law
- Monthly commuting scheme covered by employer