- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Financial Services
About the Company
Revolut, founded in 2015, is a UK based innovative financial services company serving 15 million customers worldwide of which close to 4 million live in the UK. Revolut has established a new UK subsidiary ( Newco ) which has applied to the banking regulators for a licence to enable it to offer a broader range of banking products and services.
What We Need
We’re looking for a Non-Executive Director, who initially will advise and work with the Newco Board and small executive team to establish Newco as an operating entity. Once established and authorised, as well as being a member of the Revolut UK bank Board, the individual will also hold the position of Chair of the Bank Audit committee.
What You Will Be Doing :
- Monitor the integrity of the financial statements and significant reporting judgements.
- Oversee the financial reporting and disclosure process.
- Provide advice on whether the annual report and accounts are fair, balanced and complete.
- Monitor the key accounting policies and principles.
- Oversee the hiring, performance and independence of the external auditors.
- Oversight of regulatory compliance, ethics, and whistleblower hotlines.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of the internal financial control process.
- Overseeing the performance of the internal audit function.
Ensure that the decision making processes of the Board are effective and that the Board challenges sufficiently and effectively major proposals that are put forward by the executive management team as represented by the CEO.
What Skills Will You Need
- Recent and relevant financial experience, an accounting qualification is preferred.
- Solid understanding of current banking regulation.
- An interest in banking innovation and automation.
- Start up experience desirable but not essential.
- Highly commercial and open minded.
- Supportive and challenging.
- Comfortable in a fast changing dynamic environment.
A collaborative team player
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.