- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. It works across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is on safe footing. People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives, from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support.
If you want to gain priceless experience and exposure in one of the fastest-growing scaleups in Europe, helping to make Revolut safer for our customers, employees and shareholders, then apply to join our Risk department today.
About the role
We’re looking for an Operational Technology Risk Manager to be a key member of our risk team in our London HQ. Our aim is to build the risk function of one of the most successful financial technology firms in the world. Today we dig into Revolut app technology, tomorrow into treasury and finance and next week into customer support and help assessing risks of international expansion project. We are a small team, so you will not miss anything and your contribution will be very visible.
What you’ll be doing:
Working across the technology and product teams to analyse and better understand their risk profile and actively support them in how to manage and reduce risk; and design, implement and test controls.
- Performing risk and control assessments and deep dives within various product and technology teams to come up with actionable insights.
- Proactively managing risks so that they are reducing and limiting major incidents, breaches or examples of non-compliance in technology risk.
- Establishing and running risk committees and working groups to help improve the risk posture of the organisation.
- Delivering technology risk insight for the Board & Executive Committees, including data-driven risk reports, and development of strong monitoring metrics (KRIs,BCIs).
- Regularly engaging with internal & external stakeholders on the group’s IT risk posture.
- Driving effective implementation & communication of operational risk management policies & guidelines.
- Providing IT risk management consulting to the business, technical & operations groups.
- Identifying and assessing the impact of technology risk on projects and develop mitigation strategies.
What skills you’ll need
- 2:1 degree from a top university & at least 7 years of work experience in Operational Risk Management or Management Consulting in financial services;
- Good, practical knowledge of statistics and probabilities;
- Previous examples of practically interpreting and organising complexity;
- Accounting qualification or good practical knowledge of accounting procedures;
- A solid track record of achievement;
- Organised and methodological;
Strong interpersonal skills
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.