- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 10, 2021
At Revolut we’re developing a brand-new Risk Advisory team, an elite team of strategic thinkers working alongside our product-owners to design growth strategies aligned with operational risk frameworks.
We’re looking for an Operational Risk and Compliance Manager to be a key member on the US Wealth and Trading Team. Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. It works across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is on safe footing. People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives, from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support. We are a small but quickly growing team, so you will not miss anything and your contribution will be highly visible. We are growing ambitiously and this is a critical role in ensuring we do so safely and sustainably. The successful applicant will work closely with and report into the Department Head - and will lead the risk management effort within the department.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the entire Revolut US Broker Dealer team to ensure our processes are within compliance with regulatory requirements and group risk management frameworks
- Be the Designated Supervisory reviewing emails, chat, marketing materials, social media etc.
- Lead in the identification, assessment and review of operational risks
- Design, implement and test controls, procedures and key risk indicators
- Create and monitor operational risks against limits, produce respective reports
- Work with the first and second lines of defense to identify, assess, document and regularly review operational and compliance risks
- Collaborate with process owners across Product, UX, Operations, Data, and Engineering teams to support enterprise risk and compliance assessments, internal audits, and regulatory inquiries
- Monitor operational and compliance risks against limits, produce respective reports, and present to senior management
What skills you’ll need
- Active Series 7 and 63 with Series 24 helpful
- Proven track record of leadership and ability to influence senior people
- Ability to interpret and navigate complexity
- Be organised and methodical, with strong interpersonal skills
- A solid track record of achievement: you have quickly assumed responsibilities and delivered successfully
A degree from a top university & and at least 5 years of work experience in Operational Risk Management or Compliance, preferably at a FINRA registered Broker Dealer.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community of forward-thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Perks and benefits
- You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
Competitive 401(k) plan
Competitive vacation policy
Flexible work hours
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.