- Date Posted
- Aug. 12, 2021
We’re looking for a Senior Capital Risk Manager to be a key member of our risk team in Ireland. Capital Risk is the independent risk management function responsible for identifying, quantifying, and managing Revolut’s Capital risk. The team operates as a second line of defence and is responsible for ensuring that risks and controls are properly managed by first line businesses. We work closely with Treasury, Finance, Operations, Technology, and the broader Risk organisation to independently assess and oversee risk taking activities.
What you’ll be doing
- Set standards for managing capital risk, including risk appetite and impact assessments/responses to changes in capital risk regulations
- Prepare the local ICAAP and Recovery plan
- Develop and maintain risk management policies, procedures, limits, stress testing capabilities, analytics, system support, and reporting infrastructure
- Engage and challenge first line businesses to identify, monitor, and govern emerging capital risks, including new product risk assessments
- Monitor Revolut capital risk exposures vs. established limits (internal and regulatory), investigate risk events, produce related MI reports and escalate breaches to the appropriate committee
- Identify the key financial and non-financial risks that require capital allocation.
- Build financial models and forecasts for capital planning and enhancing the existing models.
- Propose capital allocation limits and managing the approval process
- Establish strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the Group to enforce current risk management frameworks, identify emerging risks, and provide effective challenge
What you’ll need
- 5+ years proven experience in Capital Risk Management or Management Consulting in financial services;
- Knowledge and experience of capital risk regulations, issues and methodologies, including ICAAP and Recovery Planning.
- Understanding of global financial markets, products, and key capital risk drivers
- Knowledge of risk-related regulations, their application/impact in the banking industry
- Understanding of various stress testing methodologies along with practical experience with model development, implementation, and governance
- Ability to break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data to facilitate your work (experience with SQL or other scripting language a plus)
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and drive change
- Strong interpersonal skills