- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Financial Services
The credit department at Revolut designs, develops and launches credit products across multiple countries.
As we do this from scratch we have complete responsibility for each product: developing the backend, the front-end, the data science infrastructure, and then creating a local setup in each country with scalable risk management and portfolio management solutions.
The team is made up of a mix of risk management, product, design and software professionals, providing lots of opportunity to share knowledge and learnings across functions.
About the role
The Structured Funding Manager is responsible for ensuring that credit products are consistently funded at the cheapest possible cost. They will be expected to set up funding lines in the most cost-efficient way, and own related day to day operations. A significant part of the role will be defining requirements, identifying sources of funds, and driving delivery and implementation including structuring. The outcome is Credit scaling rapidly to hit the department’s ambitious KPIs.
What you’ll be doing
Ensure credit products have the required funding to achieve global targets for the department. This could be through deposits in countries where we have a banking license, or alternative sources of funding including structured such as a securitisation or warehouse. Ensure cost-efficient funding for countries with no banking license. Deal with day to day treasury operations, including liaising with internal teams, committees and third parties involved in funding, ensuring that everything is working properly in line with policy, controls and regulatory standardsRepresent the credit department at various internal committees, making sure that relevant teams are aware of funding requirements for credit
What you’ll need
- You have several years of experience setting up and managing funding of credit portfolios in a bank or asset management company.
- You have a good understanding of different funding sources, and the pros and cons of using each in different scenarios.
- You’ll be able to setup financing entities, and manage all operational and administrative tasks associated with entity management.
- You can advise on technological implementation and automation, including reporting requirements.
- You understand the market and credit risks relevant to funding structures, and can advise on possible hedging strategies.
- You will be able to support investor relations activities, such as roadshows, and responses to queries.
- You have good interpersonal and relationship management skills, being able to communicate clearly and concisely with stakeholders
- You are able to organise yourself efficiently as you will need to prioritise and keep track of multiple outstanding items while working to meet daily deadlines
- You will have a curious nature – never accepting of assumptions and a desire to fully understand how things work
- You have experience managing technical change processes
- SQL - have the ability to use SQL to search the database
- Excel – have the ability to use Excel to drive analysis
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.