- Date Posted
- Aug. 26, 2021
The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting remit to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
About the role
We’re looking for a Tax Accountant remotely based reporting into the Tax team in London. The Group Tax Team are responsible for all tax matters.
What you’ll be doing
Assist the Indirect Tax Lead in managing UK and International VAT processes, including:
- Working with tax advisors and overseas accountants to prepare and submit global indirect tax returns
- Review and reconciliation of tax account balances
- Preparation of monthly accruals for tax spend
Review of Transfer Pricing postings
- Preparation of 8th directive VAT claims
- Liaise with AP/AR/Intercompany in order to review individual transactions and to make any necessary corrections.
- Assist in responding to Tax Authorities on submitted computations & general queries.
- Query management with AP and Finance
- Assist in preparing documentation requested during tax audits.
- Tax accounting at month and year end
- Support on ad hoc research and projects from time to time, including expansion into new countries, monitoring VAT on transfer pricing charges and VAT treatment of new product offerings
- Monitoring and advising on the impact of legislative changes including those affecting the banking industry and digital taxes.
What you’ll need
You are a qualified accountant or tax advisor - ACA, ACCA, CTA, CPA or similar.
You are a tax or accounting specialist: you have experience working in a Tax or Finance department (either at a large accountancy firm or law firm, and/or in-house)
- We do not require specific experience in VAT compliance but a keenness to learn and become a broad tax specialist is required
- You will have excellent organisation skills and attention to details
- You like to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private medical care
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.