- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
What you’ll be doing
The Revolut US Treasurer will be responsible for ensuring treasury processes and controls are in place to effectively manage the Company’s capital, liquidity needs, interest rate risk profile, build of a high quality, and liquid bond portfolio within a start-up bank operation subject to bank regulatory guidelines and in line with Revolut corporate policies.
- Manages treasury function, including facilitating short and long-term funding needs
- Co-Chair the US Asset Liability committee in partnership with the CFO
- Provides recommendations and analyses to ALCO and the Board regarding Treasury, Liquidity, Investment Portfolio, and Capital matters
- Responsible for developing investment portfolio strategy and implementation
- Manages capital requirements, projections and overall capital planning, monitoring, and stress testing
- Interfaces with Group Treasury to ensure operations and risk management are in compliance with corporate policies, have strategic consistency, and are in alignment with overall corporate direction
- Understands and interprets U.S. regulatory requirements and market norms in relation to capital adequacy, securities investing, and liquidity
- Initiates and oversees execution of U.S. capital market transactions
Strategic, Financial and Operational Planning:
Develops and communicates Investment Security and Liquidity strategies
Actively participates in preparation of annual plan and business forecasting. Monitors financial health, policy and regulatory guardrails related to capital, liquidity, investments, and their related risks.
- Works with the business to optimise pricing, assists in product development and related cash flows, and facilitates cash and collateral transfers
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organisation (i.e., evaluation of investments, product profitability, funding).
- Understands how regulatory guidelines and changes impact the business; can respond to best position the company in the face of changing economic, regulatory, risk, and competitive factors
- Administrates and leads interest rate risk modeling, analytics, and reporting
- Performs liquidity forecasts and provides on-going monitoring
- Participates and leads in capital and liquidity stress testing
External Financial Relations
- Will establish investment security broker/dealer relationships; interfaces with external audit, regulators, and legal counsel
- Position reports directly to Revolut US Chief Financial Officer and will matrix to the Revolut Group Treasurer in London.
- Location: Anywhere in the following states (remotely) - New York, California, Massachusetts, Texas, Virginia, Connecticut, or Washington.
What skills you’ll need
- Undergraduate degree from well regarded university - CFA, CPA, or MBA (Certified Treasury Professional preferred)
- 10+ years of strong treasury management experience with a financial institution
- Excellent knowledge of capital markets, liquidity management, fixed-income investing and associated bank regulatory requirements
- Deep understanding of Treasury ALM concepts and modeling
- Data extraction and manipulation skills i.e. SQL
Presentation skills & strategic thinking
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Perks and benefits
- You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
Competitive 401(k) plan
Competitive vacation policy
Flexible work hours
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.