- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. It works across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is on safe footing. People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives, from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support.
If you want to gain priceless experience and exposure in one of the fastest-growing scaleups in Europe, helping to make Revolut safer for our customers, employees and shareholders, then apply to join our Risk department today.
About the role
We’re looking for a UK Head of Financial Risk to sit within our 2LOD Risk team reporting directly to the CRO of Revolut UK. As a member of a small team you will have an exciting opportunity to see the whole picture and help everywhere. This role is one of the first in the UK team and sits in the Revolut UK risk management function to support the CRO in the implementation of the financial risk management frameworks (excluding credit) including prudential risk matters. The successful candidate will be responsible for building the 2LOD UK Financial Risk function of one of the most successful financial technology firms in the world; working together with the 1LOD and the Group including the Finance and Treasury functions. As we are becoming a bank, we are looking to build a highly streamlined, highly efficient risk management framework from scratch. Be part of the adventure!
What you’ll be doing
- Own the Financial Risk Management framework; including the development and maintenance of the risk policies, risk appetite statements and KRIs
- Input into key regulatory processes (ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP, LCP, Wind-down plan, Pillar 3)
- Management of financial risk appetite through limit calibration and monitoring
- Provide review and challenge of first line financial risk including ALM risk profile
- Proposing capital allocation limits and managing the approval process
- Identifying UK Bank plans, stress testing and governance required for effective recovery planning
- Development, implementation, and governance of UK Bank liquidity risk metrics and stress models
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory stress and scenario testing measures and related reporting
- Ongoing engagement with first line businesses to identify, monitor, and govern emerging financial risks, including new product risk assessments, maintenance of key policies, procedures, and controls
What skills you’ll need
- 2:1 degree from a top university & at least 5 years of work experience in Financial services; with experience working in a successful regulated retail banking environment
- Experience of delivering key regulatory prudential documents (e.g. ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP)
- Technical expertise in 1 or more financial risk management areas (e.g. funding/ liquidity, market, credit)
- Knowledge of industry standards, legislation and regulation relating to prudential and financial risk management
- Direct experience of managing prudential risk matters and interacting with regulators
- Independent mind-set ability to create, lead and implement simple, elegant solutions within a short period of time
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.