- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day. The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
We’re looking for a Regulatory Legal Counsel to sit within our growing legal team. You can be based in our New York or San Francisco offices, or you can work remotely in the U.S..
We are a fast moving business that deploys changes to its platform through the app store every week. This means that you will be empowered to advise on all stages of the product lifecycle - from idea conception through to post deployment remediation.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you?
Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2SA75ZnwA
What you’ll be doing
- Advise the business on regulatory and legal issues surrounding structuring of new and existing financial products (primarily consumer credit but you also may be asked to advise on payment and privacy matters).
- Draft customer-facing legal documents for these products.
- Be an integral part of product and commercial teams; working with them to help design and deliver solutions that are compliant with consumer credit laws and regulations.
- Assist other functions to draft, plan and/or implement compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters for consumer credit, payment, and privacy
- Help structure and expand Revolut’s products and managing regulatory expectations, requirements, and applications
- Proactively engage and work alongside local regulators in the US
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
What you’ll need
- 6+ Years of experience
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Experience in advising on financial regulation in the United States. Expertise in consumer credit and advising on related credit products (such as unsecured loans and credit card products) is a must whereas experience in payments and advising on payments products and privacy is a real plus.
- Deep expertise in relevant financial regulations and advising clients in the following areas: consumer credit laws, FCRA, ECOA, FDCPA, Truth in Lending Act, Military Lending Act, CARD Act, among others
- Exceptional judgment, composure under pressure, and a collaborative mindset
- Confidence making decisions where there is ambiguity or incomplete information
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills.
A little about us…
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Perks and benefits
- You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
- Competitive salary
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Competitive vacation policy
- Flexible work hours
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for candidates.