- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Financial Services
Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators.
The Regulatory Compliance team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of finance to risk management. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment. Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct risk.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Protection Officer to join our Regulatory Compliance team in Dublin. The individual will act as a strategic adviser to the business on data protection and will fulfil the statutory role of Data Protection Officer for Revolut’s Irish entity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitoring the regulatory directions and actions of the DPC and other EU privacy regulators and identifying necessary steps to respond
- Managing a positive open and constructive relationship between Revolut and the DPC Acting as a thought leader on privacy within Revolut and externally
- Informing and advising the business on its obligations under data protection laws, as they impact its activities across all products and business units • Implementing and monitoring policies and procedures for all things data protection including assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training
- Reviewing and signing off Data Protection Impact Assessments and other privacy risk assessments and agreeing appropriate mitigating actions with product owners
- Ensuring that GDPR Article 30 records of processing are kept up to date
- Working closely with other Regulatory Compliance Managers legal counsel and the risk team to ensure data protection policies and procedures are followed
- Where required, providing advice on the management and resolution of incidents involving personal data, including advising on decisions as to whether to notify regulatory authorities
- Responding to enquiries about Revolut Ireland data protection framework raised by external regulators and clients.
- Leadership of other relevant data protection projects as required
- Liaising with key internal (e.g. Legal and Risk) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required
What you’ll need
Extensive experience of operational application of EU privacy law, including the GDPR and the Irish Data Protection Act 2018 Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
Fluent in English
6+ years experience of data protection compliance advisory work
- Qualified lawyer/solicitor (but not a necessity)
- Experience of working at a professional services firm advising clients or regulators on data protection related matters
- Experience of advising businesses regulated by the CBI (desirable but not a necessity)
- Note: It may take 4-5 weeks to come back on your application.