- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
We’re looking for a European Legal Counsel to join our growing legal team in Europe. This role will be based either in our London office or remotely if you are based elsewhere in the UK, in Continental Europe or in Ireland.
We are looking for a talented individual to help us secure and implement branches across Europe. Revolut is looking to launch regulated bank branches, e-money institution (EMI) branches and non-regulated branches across Europe so that we can offer products such as credit, savings and improved payments services to all of our European customers and hire talent from across Europe.
You’ll be part of one of Revolut’s key strategies as we evolve from being an EMI to a full service bank in Europe with multiple branches Europe-wide. You’ll have to work cross functionally with every team in Revolut and be involved from the business case to the operationalisation of the same branches.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you?
Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2SA75ZnwA
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with the local management teams (C-level executives Europe-wide) for scoping, planning and implementing branch licences in multiple European jurisdictions.
- Overseeing and managing our European legal teams in relation to branch and product roll outs across Europe.
- Developing and implementing migration strategies to help provide our customers with the best localised solutions.
- Working directly with regulators to respond to queries and addressing feedback on the branch deliverables
- Developing processes for requirements needed in each branch in order to launch various products such as credit, deposit accounts and payments
- Liaising with specialist external counsel and coordinating advice in relation to Revolut’s branch and product roll out
- Providing time-sensitive support on an array of legal inquiries in connection with all aspects of our branch and European operations
- Developing and implementing efficient and streamlined processes to provide a global branch framework going forward
What you’ll need
8+ Years PQE Experience
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Experience in applying for and implementing European regulated branches in either banking, credit or payments (experience in all three is a real plus!)
- Expertise in EU financial regulations such as CASS, PSD II, the Electronic Money Directive and consumer credit experience in one or more EU jurisdictions
- Experience working in-house is a benefit but not a prerequisite
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.