- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators.
The Regulatory Compliance team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of finance to risk management. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct risk.
About the role
We’re looking for a pragmatic, organised and passionate External Examinations Lead
External Examinations sits with the Regulatory Compliance department and is responsible for engagements with our external 3rd parties, Coordinating and Managing the Audit process, gathering findings and executing on the deficiencies noted during audits by partnering with the business.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with various departments to develop and execute external examination requests in accordance with policies, procedures, methodologies, regulatory requirements
- Provide input and assist in the identification of relevant risks and regulatory requirements for incorporation as part of our examination scope and work programs
- Assist in communicating and discussing findings with business unit management
- Conduct follow-up reviews of deficiencies noted during the external examinations
- Monitor progress (against expected timelines, scope etc) and project manage to completion, escalating where required in a timely manner
- Develop best practices and share them to departments to drive standardisation of processes
What you’ll need
- Preferably a 2:1 or above STEM degree
- 7+ years of experience working within a FinTech, traditional financial institution, or regulatory body
- Solid base of UK regulatory knowledge
- Experience with SQL would be a distinct advantage.
- Can explain complex things very easily
- Posses a willingness to learn and an interest in compliance
- Experience in creating or utilizing test scripts/procedures
- Experience working on regulatory compliance or financial crime risks
A little about us
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
- We reached 10 million customers as we rolled into 2020 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
- And we’re only just getting started.
- Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
What we are looking for
- From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
- You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
- You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
- You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
- And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- Please only submit an application for one posting.
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.