- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements and is at the forefront of Revolut’s efforts to keep customers and their money safe. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment. We operate in small, nimble teams that are built for scale, speed, and quality, giving you the chance to have a real impact on crucial problems that affect millions of people around the world. Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct and financial crime risk.
About the role
Revolut is seeking an intelligent, dynamic, innovative, and driven Financial Crime Compliance Manager to be responsible for oversight of our compliance with AML and CFT rules, and lead the operational and effectiveness of the systems and controls in our Financial Crime Compliance team in the country. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance and Risk Management and Global MLRO, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all AML/CFT activities in Singapore.
This position is critical to support the growth of Revolut’s business and will be the focal point for all activity within Revolut relating to AML/CFT. This role will require the development and maintenance of Revolut’s compliance strategies and relevant policies, and ensure their rigorous implementation across all functions within the business, while guaranteeing sustained regulatory compliance.
As the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (Singapore), the position will have the level of authority, independence and support to properly carry out his or her responsibilities in connection with our Compliance Program, including AML and Payment Services Directives.
At Revolut we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance, and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the financial industry and proven experience in a compliance function that is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance.
Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills is a must as is experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process in financial institutions. This role will demand high-levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
This role will drive implementation of compliance control as highlighted in the AML and Compliance Risk Assessments and include a broad set of cross-functional responsibilities to ensure that all personnel are properly trained, processes are scalable, and metrics are accurately reported.
You will be expected to identify money laundering risk and maintain our systems and controls, considering a range of factors, including our:
Customer, product and activity profiles
- Complexity and volume of our transactions
- Processes and systems; and operating environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintenance of our risk management policies and risk profile in relation to money laundering and the financing of terrorism, including the application of those policies
- Supervision of appropriate measures to ensure that money laundering and the financing of terrorism risks are taken into account in our day-to-day operation, including in relation to the development of new products; the taking-on of new customers; and changes in our business profile
- Building, and taking accountability for, the AML/CFT risk management program and the undertaking of regular AML/CFT risk assessments
- Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant compliance risk and guide management in the development/reviewing/updating of relevant policies, procedures, and business practices
- Driving a compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities
- Participating and collaborating in compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conduct compliance assessment and define requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products
- Preparing reports to senior management, local and HQ Board and escalating any key or high risk compliance issues within our existing governance structure
- The Money Laundering Reporting Officer (Singapore)will also provide support to the business with the launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met by overseeing the Financial Crime Compliance Team by providing guidance, as appropriate.
- Working cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Collaborating with internal Compliance teams (such as Financial Crime, Compliance Operations, Risk & Controls) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
- Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
This role is critical to the overall execution of our Compliance Program. You will need to partner with the Legal and Regulatory Compliance team and work to implement Program changes to comply with the changing regulatory environment and advise change management processes and control requirements.
What you’ll need
- You are committed to, and excited about, world class compliance and independent oversight of this important agenda
- You are an in-depth strategic thinker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across a large number of functional groups and be able to manage the business needs of Revolut
- You understand the customer experience and make business oriented recommendations to ensure Compliance with key requirements
- You are capable of hiring and working closely with our Compliance Operations Team and Compliance Technology Team to ensure effective execution of the Compliance Program
- You have previous experience as an AML regulator country registered MLRO, AML/ Financial Crimes investigator in Singapore and a strong background in financial services (bonus if you have experience with or a passion for technology)
- You’re able to influence, coach, and develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels, gaining their acceptance, and driving change
- You are intellectually curious, and you can bring valuable insights into the team and business
- You thrive in dynamic working environments
- You have a data driven approach to problem solving
A little about us
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2021 with 15 million Personal customers and over half a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services.
What we’re looking for
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
All the latest tech you need
Free Revolut Metal Subscription
- Please only submit an application for one posting.
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.