- Vilnius, LT
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Financial Services
About the role
Screening team is responsible for preventing any individuals or entities involved in financial crime, as well as sanctioned or terrorism-related entities, from using our product. This includes not only meticulous research and investigation into our users (personal and business), but also transactions flowing through our system. Additionally, we are obliged to identify whether any politically related individuals are among our clients, as they represent a higher risk of financial crimes like corruption, fraud crimes, and money laundering- therefore, the activity on their accounts has to be closely monitored. Basically, we are checking if any user or transaction is dangerous or risky for Revolut.
Every day we review thousands of accounts and payments- it requires a lot of analytical skills and logical thinking. In order to avoid making mistakes, we must stay focused and treat each case individually.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct reviews of sanctions watchlist alerts generated by the automated transaction filtering and client screening systems, manual reports or internal referrals. Document investigation steps performed and document the rationale for decisions
- Escalate potential sanctions issues or suspicious activity to the Head of Compliance or Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Review and investigate PEP screening alerts utilizing the client screening system, internal Customer Due Diligence systems and third party sources.
- Assist with the validation of the Sanctions and PEP alert systems and participate in any testing of new releases or updates of current systems as necessary.
- Train and mentor other new joiners on the team when qualified.
- Assist the Compliance Team Leaders, other teams and Senior Management with ad hoc projects.
- Respond and remediate issues identified by the Quality Control Team.
- Comply with rules and regulations, including without limitation, AML and OFAC/Sanctions requirements all internal policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Identify and analyze alerts generated by the screening system in order to identify politically related individuals, entities involved in financial crime, as well as sanctioned or terrorism-related entities.
- Daily basis monitoring and reviewing of transfers, companies, business and individual profiles in order to identify unusual and suspicious activity.
- Handle sensitive or confidential information.
What you’ll need
Fluency in English (additional language would be an advantage)
Excellent communication skills
- Higher education - preferably legal, business or economic background
- Ability to work within the agreed timeframe, under the pressure of time and with a high degree of accuracy
Ability to multitask and prioritise
Flexibility to work on shifts
- Prior experience in banking, risk, compliance or AML/KYC function preferred but not mandatory
- A holistic view of things, ability to identify potential significant elements in seemingly small things
- Ability to make difficult decisions in a short period of time
- Salary: 1250 EUR gross per month +150 EUR gross (monthly performance bonus)
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.