- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
Our Global Authorisations department delivers fast and efficient regulatory authorisation and licensing in all geographies that Revolut plans to operate in. The department is growing rapidly in size and global reach and has an extremely important role to play in the evolution of Revolut as a business. This ultimately impacts our customers, enabling more of the world to use the fantastic range services we have to offer.
We are one of the most cross-functional teams in Revolut, working with and supporting many of the other teams around the organisation. We are regulatory and licensing experts, problem solvers and creators, with a strong collaborative and open culture. We are ultimately driven by the desire to open up Revolut to the widest possible audience around the world.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented individual to help us secure licences for Revolut but it’s not your typical regulatory job. You’ll be part of the key Revolut’s strategy as we evolve from being an e-money institution to a full service licensed bank in key geographies with multiple branches worldwide. You’ll have to work cross functionally with every team in Revolut to increase regulatory trust and be involved from the business case to the operationalisation of those same licences. These will span from key geographies to new territories across Asia Pacific and Latin America. It is a special opportunity to be exposed to a broad number of regulatory frameworks and become a domain expert, while keeping a global remit.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting all of our licence applications related scoping and planning requirements.
- Holding the pen on Revolut’s regulatory submissions - including deliverables like complete business / strategy plan, financial projections, risk and compliance documents, legal forms.
- Working closely with the local management teams (C-level executives globally) for identifying, scoping, planning, partly drafting and tracking licences in multiple jurisdictions.
- Working directly with regulators to respond to queries and addressing feedback on the license deliverables
What you need to achieve:
- Create and execute a robust project plan for delivering a licence submission
- Develop strategic partnerships with regulators, key operational partners and other experts in their field to support you in providing quality documentation
- Sound business plans for the entities that need to be licensed
- Scale operations and work with cross-functional teams in London and our global offices; from Operations to Finance, Legal and Compliance, Marketing and Communications.
- Identify key product, operational and risk opportunities for Revolut
- Ultimately, own the licence submission
What you’ll need:
- Experience in drafting regulatory documentation
- 2+ years’ experience in a consulting, legal, ex-regulatory, banking, brokerageor payments industry background
- Excellent English writing skills (business and project reports), good presenter & communicator
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent team player with ability to work closely with others to deliver results
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
- Eager to learn and perform tasks out of the comfort zone
- Proactive and willing to volunteer to do what needs to be done
- Capacity to work cross-functionally and guide cross-department and cross-hierarchy level engagement.
- You’re familiar with risk management and financial analysis
- You’re familiar with the policy landscape and licensing pathways in multiple countries
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Skip the commute and work from home once a week
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year