- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
Revolut’s Global Legal team is looking for a talented, pragmatic and innovative employment counsel with significant post qualification experience to lead its Global Employment Law team. This position will be based at the Company’s global headquarters in London, UK with remote working flexibility and will report into the Group General Counsel.
Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://youtu.be/5LhG1KdnEl4
What you will be doing:
In this position, you will provide global employment advice and counsel to local management and the Human Resources team on a broad range of employment and HR issues including: international expansion; banking licence applications, financial services regulatory compliance; employee relations; discipline and terminations; European working time compliance (including shift working, overtime), internal investigations; leaves of absence; discrimination and harassment issues; global mobility issues; contingent worker issues; employee GDPR and privacy issues; compensation, benefits, bonus and equity awards; employment litigation; negotiated exits and settlements.
What you’ll need
The ideal candidate will have the skills and ability to independently and proactively support a preventive employment approach and to develop and train on best-practices guidelines and policies, while responding to and completing projects in an innovative and fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will also:
Possess strong knowledge of cross border employment laws with experience in practical applications.
Be a qualified lawyer in the UK (10 Years +) and in good standing, primarily practising employment law as an in-house counsel at a bank and/or financial technology company or in private practice with relevant sector experience (or secondment to a financial institution).
- Possess strong knowledge of cross border employment laws with experience in practical applications in the UK, EMEA, APAC and US.
- Practical knowledge of Senior Managers Certification Regime (SMCR) and bank regulatory compensation framework (including but not limited to CRD V)
- Be able to develop and foster partnerships with executive leaders in the organisation working in close partnership with our People team, Compensation & Benefits team and Remuneration Committees.
- Be able to collaborate with Privacy and Regulatory lawyers, other Legal Practice Leads and Heads of Legal across the global company.
- Lead and manage a team of employment lawyers in different jurisdictions
- Proficient in spoken and written English and command strong legal research skills.
- Be able to organise, prioritise and work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Have the ability to think analytically and pragmatically and provide innovative, proactive advice and guidance.
- Experience in working for a global, culturally diverse and fast paced organisation.
- Be passionate about the intersection of banking and technology and working for a global Fintech company
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.