- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
The legal team sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day. The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
- We are seeking a Legal Counsel to join the Core / Strategic Response team based in Lithuania
- You will work on some of the most exciting and challenging legal issues that impact fast-growth, disruptive FinTech companies
- You will be joining a dedicated part of the legal team that is responsible for responding to high priority, complex and often time-sensitive challenges.
- This can include developing and executing proactive strategies for engaging with regulators globally, advising the business on cutting-edge legal issues relating to the continued roll out of some of our key products such as payments, banking and trading and leading high-intensity, fast-moving cross-departmental projects within the company to help drive coordination and strategic decision-making on critical issues, in line with regulatory compliance and under logistical pressure
- Being part of the Core legal team also means being responsible for building our processes and solutions to make the legal team more efficient and scalable at a global level to ensure we grow and adapt at the same pace as the business
- We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you?
What you’ll be doing
- Leading and coordinating amongst legal and cross-functional stakeholders around the globe to respond quickly to unexpected internal and external events requiring legal support
- Advising the business on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new products and marketing and promotion of products such as banking, payments and trading
- Supporting our regulatory teams in relation to critical product roll outs that require innovative legal solutions. Where necessary, liaising with specialist external counsel and coordinating advice on the same
- Quickly getting to grips with multi-faceted legal problems, and distilling and coordinating advice from a range of subject matter experts for senior management and non-legal audiences
- Proactively engaging and working alongside local regulators across multiple countries
- Managing strategic elements of longer term legal initiatives involving multiple specialisms and jurisdictions
- Developing processes for the legal team to help grow and scale in line with the business and become a market-leading in house legal team
What you’ll need
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Sound judgement, composure under pressure and a collaborative mindset
- Confidence making decisions where there is ambiguity or incomplete information
- Experience working in-house is a benefit
- Experience in financial sector is a plus
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work.
- This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experience of complex transaction management is a big plusCommon sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Law
- At least 4 years of strong experience as a private practice lawyer at a top law firm (and preferably) some in-house experience as wellExcellent academic and law firm credentials
- Excellent English and Lithuanian language skills (written and oral)
- Expertise in financial regulations related to electronic money institutions and banking services (is a big plus)