- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel to sit within our Core / Strategic Response team, based in our London office (though we are open to hiring from anywhere in the UK, if you would prefer to be based remotely).
You will work on some of the most exciting and challenging legal issues that impact fast-growth, disruptive FinTech companies.
You will be joining a dedicated part of the legal team that is responsible for responding to high priority, complex and often time-sensitive challenges. This can include developing and executing proactive strategies for engaging with regulators globally, advising the business on cutting-edge legal issues relating to the continued roll out of some of our key products such as crypto, payments and trading and leading high-intensity, fast-moving cross-departmental projects within the company to help drive coordination and strategic decision-making on critical issues, in line with regulatory compliance and under logistical pressure.
Being part of the Core legal team also means being responsible for building our processes and solutions to make the legal team more efficient and scalable at a global level to ensure we grow and adapt at the same pace as the business.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you?
Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://youtu.be/5LhG1KdnEl4
What you’ll be doing
- Leading and coordinating amongst legal and cross-functional stakeholders around the globe to respond quickly to unexpected internal and external events requiring legal support
- Advising the business on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new products and marketing and promotion of products such as crypto, payments and trading
- Supporting our regulatory teams in relation to critical product roll outs that require innovative legal solutions. Where necessary, liaising with specialist external counsel and coordinating advice on the same.
- Quickly getting to grips with multi-faceted legal problems, and distilling and coordinating advice from a range of subject matter experts for senior management and non-legal audiences
- Proactively engaging and working alongside local regulators across multiple countries
- Managing strategic elements of longer term legal initiatives involving multiple specialisms and jurisdictions
- Developing processes for the global legal team to help the department to grow and scale in line with the business and become a market-leading in house legal team
What you’ll need
4+ Years PQE Experience
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Sound judgement, composure under pressure and a collaborative mindset
- Confidence making decisions where there is ambiguity or incomplete information
- Expertise in UK/EU financial regulations such as MiFID, CASS, PSD II, the Electronic Money Directive and crypto related experience is a real plus (but not a prerequisite)
- Experience working in-house is a benefit
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
- Experience of complex transaction management is a big plusExceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.