- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
About the team
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
- We are looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel to join our growing Corporate and Governance legal team at Revolut.
- Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://youtu.be/5LhG1KdnEl4
What you will be doing:
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of corporate matters.
- Corporate advisory: advise internal stakeholders (and negotiate with external counterparts where relevant) on fundraising, secondary sales, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and intra-group agreements.
- Debt advisory: advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on external debt financing and structuring.
- Governance: support the team on governance related matters.
- Investor relations: support the team in managing investor relations.
- Oversee junior members of the team who will assist in executing the above.
Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
What you’ll need
4+ Years PQE
- Strong corporate experience as a private practice lawyer at a top law firm
- Strong skills in drafting legal documents (corporate documents, internal procedures)
- Solid stakeholder management and engagement skills
Be responsible and result-oriented
Excellent academic and law firm credentials
Hold a current practicing certificate
Excellent English language skills (written and oral)
Nice to have
- Demonstrable interest in and enthusiasm for Fintech outside of employment history
- Experience working with other fast paced financial companies