- Vilnius, LT
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
We are seeking a counsel to join Revolut’s Legal Department to be Revolut’s primary credit legal advisor for our ongoing and upcoming credit products in Lithuania. Counsel will provide general-level support to the Legal Department on a variety of credit-related matters. We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you?
What you’ll be doing
- Helping to advise on SME and consumer credit-related issues and launch any new credit-related products in Lithuania
- For all regulated activities, ensure that appropriate regulatory policies, procedures and controls are established, maintained and well documented
- Provide guidance and support to business partners and senior management
- Manage and coordinate any regulatory examinations, including written responses
- Analyze changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle regulatory developments
- Review new and updated marketing materials in relation to financial promotions assessments
- Navigate complex regulatory frameworks to design innovative financial products and services
- Identify and draft necessary changes to the firm’s systems and procedures to meet the requirements of new rules/regulations
- Draft agreements, policies and procedures, disclosures, account documentation and website materials
What you’ll need
- Strong experience in advising clients on consumer credit matters (past experience drafting consumer loan agreements, debt collection policies is a big plus)
- Strong client-service and customer orientation and strengths in forming good working relationships
- High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
- An enthusiasm and drive for delivering results
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Law
- At least 3 years of strong experience in credit products and regulations as a private practice lawyer at a top law firm (and preferably) some in-house experience as well
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Excellent English and Lithuanian language skills (written and oral)
- Expertise in financial regulations related to electronic money institutions and banking services (is a big plus)
€ 2,000-2,500 net per month
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.