- Date Posted
- Aug. 26, 2021
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
We’re looking for a Regulatory Legal Counsel to sit within our growing legal team. You can be based in our London office, but there is also the possibility to work remotely .
We are a fast moving business, which deploys changes to its platform through the app store every week. This means that you will be empowered to advise on all stages of the product lifecycle - from idea conception through to post deployment remediation.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you?
Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2SA75ZnwA
What you’ll be doing
- Advise the business on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new and existing financial products, and the marketing of them
- Be an integral part of product and commercial teams; working with them to help design and deliver compliant solutions
- Help structure and expand Revolut’s products and managing regulatory expectations, requirements and applications
- Assisting other functions to drafting, plan and/or implement compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters for these products
- Proactively engage and work alongside local regulators across multiple countries
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
What you’ll need
- 3+ Years PQE Experience for Legal counsel
- 6+ Years PQE Experience for Senior Legal counsel
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Experience in advising clients on financial regulation in the UK and/or the other jurisdictions where we operate (we have home state regulators in Ireland and Lithuania, and passports throughout the EEA
- You should be comfortable with financial regulation generally, but also be able to demonstrate a specialty or interest in one or more particular areas where we have operations (e.g. insurance, trading, crypto, etc - we’d love you to tell you what your specialty is and why we need it).
- Expertise in relevant financial regulations: MiFID II, CASS, FSMA, Market Abuse Directives, PSD II, MAR, the Electronic Money Directive and the provisions of the FCA and PRA Handbooks.
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.