- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Financial Services
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
We’re looking for a Regulatory Legal Counsel to sit within our growing legal team in our London office.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you?
Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://youtu.be/5LhG1KdnEl4
What you’ll be doing
- Advise the business on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new products, marketing and promotion of investment products
- Help structure and expand Revolut’s products and managing applications to the FCA and other regulators in relation to these products
- Drafting, planning and/or implementing compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters for trading products
- Managing operational risk, including regulatory filings and registration preparation
- Identifying, assessing, monitoring, managing and reporting on compliance risk in relation to investment products
- Proactively engage and work alongside local regulators across multiple countries
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
What you’ll need
- 3+ Years PQE Experience
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Experience in advising clients on MiFID II implementation and providing legal support in relation to associated policies and contractual frameworks
- Expertise in financial regulations: MiFID II, CASS, FSMA, Market Abuse Directives, PSD II, MAR, the Electronic Money Directive and the provisions of the FCA and PRA Handbooks
- Broad-based securities and/or asset management experience
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.