- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
We’re looking for a Regulatory Legal Counsel to sit within our growing legal team. You can be based in our New York or San Francisco offices, or you can work remotely in the U.S..
We are a fast moving business that deploys changes to its platform through the app store every week. This means that you will be empowered to advise on all stages of the product lifecycle - from idea conception through to post deployment remediation.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you?
Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2SA75ZnwA
What you’ll be doing
- Advise the business on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new and existing financial products, and the marketing of them
- Be an integral part of product and commercial teams; working with them to help design and deliver compliant solutions
- Help structure and expand Revolut’s products and managing regulatory expectations, requirements, and applications
- Assisting other functions to draft, plan, and/or implement compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters for these products
- Proactively engage and work alongside local regulators
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
What you’ll need
- 3+ Years experience for Legal counsel
- 6+ Years experience for Senior Legal counsel
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
Experience in advising clients on financial regulation in the US in connection with other jurisdictions where we operate (we have home state regulators in the UK, Ireland, and Lithuania, and passports throughout the EEA)
You should be comfortable with financial regulation generally, but also be able to demonstrate a specialty or interest in one or more particular areas where we have operations (e.g. insurance, trading, crypto, etc - we’d love you to tell you what your specialty is and why we need it).
Bank holding company experience and foreign banking experience
Expertise in relevant financial laws and regulations: Bank Holding Company Act, Federal Reserve Act Sections 23A and 23B, and Federal Reserve Bank Regulations E, W, and Y, FFIEC Manual.