- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel to sit within our growing legal team in our London office. Revolut is looking to become a Bank in the UK and we’re looking to hire a counsel that will help us scope, structure and implement our UK Bank strategy and provide legal advice to support the launch of our UK Bank related products and services including a wide range of credit products and innovative savings accounts for customers.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you?
Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2SA75ZnwA
What you’ll be doing
- Advise the UK Bank on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new products, marketing and promotion of banking products
- Help structure and expand Revolut’s products and managing applications to and/or communications with the PRA and FCA in relation to these products
- Drafting, planning and/or implementing compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters for banking products including credit and savings accounts
- Managing operational risk, including regulatory filings and registration preparation
- Identifying, assessing, monitoring, managing and reporting on compliance risk in relation to banking products
- Where necessary, liaising with specialist external counsel and distilling and coordinating advice for senior management and non-legal audiences
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
What you’ll need
- 6+ Years PQE Experience
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Sound judgement, composure under pressure and a collaborative mindset
- Confidence making decisions where there is ambiguity or incomplete information
- Expertise in financial regulations and advising clients in the following areas: Capital Requirements Directives, CASS, FSMA, PSD II, the Electronic Money Directive and the provisions of the FCA and PRA Handbooks
- Broad-based consumer credit experience including familiarity with CONC and CCA 1974 with experience advising clients or internal stakeholders on a variety of retail credit products
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2021 with 15 million Personal customers and over half a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.