- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Financial Services
We’re looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic paralegal to join our growing US Legal team to support Revolut’s US business. The role provides an excellent opportunity to understand Revolut’s business processes, enhance your legal skills and make a significant impact in one of the world’s fastest-growing fintech companies. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and multicultural environment.
Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting, and fast -paced. In this role, you will work directly with the business and third parties, and provide day-to-day and strategic advice on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting Revolut’s legal team in a variety of tasks ranging from regulatory filings, corporate governance, investor relations, business development and more
- Alongside our other paralegals, leading document management and other administrative tasks for the legal team
- Working closely with the Head of Legal US on investor relations, employment and general corporate governance issues
- Supporting our product teams within Revolut, including as part of new product initiatives
- Reviewing commercial agreements including NDAs, affiliate agreements and third-party agreements in relation to Revolut’s newest products and services
- Supporting Revolut’s international expansion teams and helping them to launch and grow in new markets
- Capturing know-how and assisting with knowledge sharing
- Putting in place and actively seeking new scalable processes to support the legal team
- Assisting with drafting, planning and/or implementing compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters across different business units
- Managing operational risk, including regulatory filings and registration preparation
What skills you’ll need
- Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
- Very good at communicating with a strong attention to detail
- Strong motivation to work in a fast-paced environment. Enthusiasm and willingness to roll up sleeves, learn fast, and take responsibility
- Comfortable managing large amounts of documents, as well as seeking out new technological solutions to make the legal team’s processes and functions more efficient
- High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
- Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Experience providing strong client-service and strengths in forming good working relationships
- Additional language abilities - Spanish is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Perks and benefits
- You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
Competitive 401(k) plan
Competitive vacation policy
Flexible work hours
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.