- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators.
The Regulatory Compliance team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of finance to risk management. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct risk.
About the role
We are looking for someone who can navigate complex product regulations and develop and implement related compliance actions. This position requires partnering with legal and business teams on proposed actions, and coordinating across multiple teams to use technological tools to implement processes and policies to effectuate those actions. There is a significant project management and operations component to this role.
The position is located in Tokyo. This person will work with the Head of Operations (Japan), Head of Regulatory Compliance (Japan) and with the Compliance team at Revolut’s London headquarters.
What you’ll be doing
- Assess and advise Revolut Technologies Japan’s employees and Directors on compliance matters including, but not limited to, anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, sanctions, information/cyber security, trading of securities and other regulatory matters
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to mitigate compliance risk
- Plan and execute compliance training concerning regulations, resolutions issued by the local regulators
- Coordinate Compliance Committee and Board of Directors’ meeting at Revolut Technologies Japan
- Draft regulatory reports to file with local regulators (JFSA/KLFB and Japan Payment Service Association )
- Communicate with the global HQ in order for Revolut Technologies Japan to make its compliance and internal control environment consistent with global practice
- Keep update the company registration with Tokyo Regional Legal Bureau
What you’ll need
- 3 years experience in a similar position in compliance function in financial services industry
- Ability to work well with external stakeholders locallyAble to work under pressure, manage multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Experience with internal investigations, policy creation and implementation
- Knowledge of Payment Service Act, or /and Financial Instruments and Exchange Law and business at least one of following business; Payment Service agency, Securities Brokerage, or Bank.
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
- Knowledge of regulations for financial industries in Japan
- Experience working with JFSA/KLFB, Japan Payment Service Association, Japan Securities Dealers Association and other institutions
- Qualification of Internal Control Supervisory Manager of Japan Securities Dealers Association
A little about us
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 12 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we build a Dream Team, we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper, and we Deliver WOW. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- 20 days paid holiday per year
- Up to 10 days paid sick leave per year
- Medical insurance and pension plan as required by Japanese labour law
- Monthly commuting scheme covered by employer