- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
The Revolut bank licenced in Lithuania is preparing to establish a branch in Poland and is seeking an experienced Regulatory Compliance Manager - Regulatory Affairs Manager specialising in banking activities. This newly hired person will be tasked to ensure that the Revolut Regulatory Compliance Frameworks are compliant with the relevant Polish and EU regulations and proper controls exist in the newly established branch. Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators. The Regulatory Compliance Manager will be working in Poland for the local branch of the Revolut bank licenced in Lithuania.
This position is critical to support the growth of Revolut’s business and will be the focal point for all activity relating to regulatory compliance in the Revolut branch in Poland.
At Revolut, we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the banking industry and proven experience in a compliance function that is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance.
Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills are a must as is experience with the financial market regulators in Poland. This role will demand high-levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing, managing, refining and documenting regulatory compliance processes to manage regulatory risk and provide reporting which meets the needs of the regulator, local and Group management
- Scanning the horizon for the upcoming relevant regulations and coordinating efforts of complying with them
- Conducting thematic reviews of existing policies / procedures and processes to identify any compliance gaps and leading the remediation where any are identified
- Working closely with the Group Regulatory Compliance function and other senior managers across the business to identify, assess, update and mitigate the regulatory compliance risks posed to Revolut and determining the priorities and resources required to effectively control them
- Receiving and promptly responding to enquiries from the regulator
- Support to the business where necessary regarding the launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met, as appropriate
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Partner with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
What skills you’ll need
- +8 years of experience in compliance role in a bank licenced in Poland / at the regulator institution
- Project management and communication skills including the ability to oversee implementation of complex projects
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in Polish banking sector regulations, including credit (note that compliance with anti-money laundering regulations is outside the scope of this role)
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
- Deep knowledge of the Polish, EU regulatory environment and key regulatory compliance regimes
- Understanding of banking systems and markets with a focus on technology and mobile applications
Fluent in Polish and English
A degree in law, with a relevant Master’s Degree preferred
The role may be required to provide a formal attestation at periodic intervals.