- Date Posted
- Aug. 18, 2021
Revolut Payments licenced in Ireland is preparing to establish a branch in Portugal and is seeking an experienced Regulatory Compliance Manager - Regulatory Affairs Manager specialising in banking activities. This newly hired person will be tasked to ensure that the Revolut Regulatory Compliance Frameworks are compliant with the relevant Portuguese and EU regulations and proper controls exist in the newly established branch. Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators. The Regulatory Compliance Manager will be working in Portugal for the local branch of Revolut Payments Ireland.
At Revolut, we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the banking industry and proven experience in a compliance function that is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance.
Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills are a must as is experience with the financial market regulators in Portugal. This role will demand high-levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing, managing, refining and documenting regulatory compliance processes to manage regulatory risk and provide reporting which meets the needs of the regulator, local and Group management
- Scanning the horizon for the upcoming relevant regulations and coordinating efforts of complying with them
- Conducting thematic reviews of existing policies / procedures and processes to identify any compliance gaps and leading the remediation where any are identified
- Working closely with the Group Regulatory Compliance function and other senior managers across the business to identify, assess, update and mitigate the regulatory compliance risks posed to Revolut and determining the priorities and resources required to effectively control them
- Receiving and promptly responding to enquiries from the regulator
- Support to the business where necessary regarding the launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met, as appropriate
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Partner with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
What skills you’ll need
- +8 years of experience in compliance role in a bank licenced in Portugal / at the regulator institution
- Project management and communication skills including the ability to oversee implementation of complex projects
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in Portuguese payments/EMI/ banking sector regulations, (note that compliance with anti-money laundering regulations is outside the scope of this role)
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
- Deep knowledge of the Portuguese, EU regulatory environment and key regulatory compliance regimes
- Understanding of payments/EMI/banking systems and markets with a focus on technology and mobile applications
Fluent in Portuguese and English
- A relevant degree for example in business or law is required
- A compliance qualification for example ACAMS or a Masters in a related field would be advantageous.
- Attestation Requirements: The role may be required to provide a formal attestation at periodic intervals.
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community of forward-thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Excellent training and guidance from our team
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private medical care
Daily meal allowance
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.