- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements and is at the forefront of Revolut’s efforts to keep customers and their money safe.
We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment. We operate in small, nimble teams that are built for scale, speed, and quality, giving you the chance to have a real impact on crucial problems that affect millions of people around the world.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct and financial crime risk.
About the role
The role of the Securities Compliance Manager is to support the Chief Compliance Officer in designing, managing, and making necessary changes to the compliance program for Revolut’s business in Singapore with a particular focus on its securities business.
This will be an exciting opportunity to join a global fintech scaleup valued at US$5.5 billion and set up and shape the development of the securities business in Singapore from the ground up. The role will also be exposed to other business lines, including retail payments, business accounts, crypto, and commodities.
The role will be a part of the broader compliance team that is responsible for articulating and supporting the business compliance with the laws, the regulations, and the policies applicable to Revolut Singapore.
The role will also work closely with the other functions within the firm including Risk, Legal, Operations, and etc.
What you’ll be doing
- Advising the first line of defence on the applicable laws and the regulations relevant to the securities business, and supporting the business in their implementation.
- Providing advice on new initiatives and products
- Developing or supporting the development of policies, procedures, and best practice for the business
- Support the CCO in interactions with the MAS, SGX, and other relevant governing institutions
- Keeping a record of up-to-date relevant changes in the regulations and the rules, including analysis and implementation of such regulatory/rule changes
- Participating in regulatory audits, internal investigations, business audits, and etc.
- Ensuring the employees are properly trained in the conduct of business
- Monitoring and oversight of activities or services performed on behalf of Singapore, including surveillance activities
- Assuring that the process and the controls implemented by the business are fit-for-purpose.
Ensuring that appropriate governance is in place to support the management to oversee any risks associated with the business, as well as the health of the controls.
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 8 years of compliance (or other relevant) experience with a securities broker or equivalent trading platform
- Direct experience in equities compliance is required. Additional regulatory exposure to commodities and crypto would be considered favourably
- Experience with the successful application for a Capital Markets License will be advantageous
- Well verse with the Singapore securities market including working knowledge of the SFA, FAA etc
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
- Tenacious and able to work in an environment of ambiguity and change
A little about us
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 12 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we build a Dream Team, we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper, and we Deliver WOW. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
All the latest tech you need
Free Revolut Metal Subscription
Please only submit an application for one posting.