- Date Posted
- Aug. 12, 2021
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from supporting all departments from a legal perspective to structuring products. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About the role
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to advise on our Brazil launch and operations and advise on a variety of legal and regulatory matters. This position requires partnering with our legal team at our London headquarters and our business teams on the ground.
This role will be based in Brazil, work closely with the Head of Operations and report to the General Counsel at Revolut’s London headquarters.
What you’ll be doing
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of commercial agreements, including third party agreements, operations agreements, services agreements, partnerships, and marketing agreements
- Identify and consult on legal risks in connection with the development of new products
- Liaise with specialist external counsel in relation to original new products and expansion into new markets, include relationship with regulators and licenses application process
- Drive all ongoing compliance review processes, including necessary filings, policies and procedures
- Develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract negotiation and processes.
- Monitor changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle regulatory developments
- Provide time-sensitive support on a wide array of legal inquiries in connection with all aspects of your country’s operations
- Identify and consult on legal risks in connection with the development of new products.
What you’ll need
- Strong client-service and customer orientation and strengths in forming good working relationships
- High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
- An enthusiasm and drive for delivering results
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
- Strong experience in advising clients on commercial contract matters (past experience in: regulatory, IP, IT is a plus) across a broad range of areas including Financial Services, Technology and Corporates
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
Excellent academic and law firm credentials
Hold a current practicing certificate
Experience in working at major law firm for financial service industry clients and/or in house lawyer at financial service firm
Data protection is a plus
Excellent English (written and oral)
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.