- Mumbai, IN
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
The branches team lead the roll-out of Revolut’s European branch* network which aims to deliver local bank account details to the majority of Revolut’s 13M+ users by 2022.
Not having local bank account details for the country in which customers are resident is currently a key factor that deters customers from making Revolut their primary bank account. (Since Brexit, most of our 10M EU customers have Lithuanian (LT) IBANs.) Although “IBAN discrimination” is forbidden in the EU, many employers and merchants reject foreign IBANs and refuse to make payments to them, thereby making it difficult for customers to deposit their salary or pay via direct debit using their Revolut account. Creating local branches solves this problem.
The project is led by a team of project and operations managers who develop the overall project plan and timelines and work cross-functionally to implement.
About the role
The Head of Branches leads the roll-out of Revolut’s European branch network which aims to deliver local payment account details (IBANs) to the majority of Revolut’s 9M EU customers by 2023. To achieve this, he/she will lead a team of 10 operations & program managers, work hand-in-hand with product and engineering to integrate with local payment schemes, and oversee cross-department implementation. Additionally, he/she would partner with territory CEOs and Regulatory Affairs to navigate FS regulation and regulator relationships.
This project has high company visibility and reports directly to the Head of Payments.
What you need to achieve
Launch branches in our priority European markets
What you’ll be doing
- Lead 10 operations and program managers in their implementation of 10 branch rollouts
- Oversee the scoping and implementation work required from other departments (FinCrime, Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Irish and Lithuanian territory teams)
- Draft and submit pass porting branch applications to CBI/ BoL ensuring alignment across and sign-off from all stakeholders
- Partner with the product owner and engineers to obtain scheme integration requirements, translate business into technical requirements, and build a project plan for integration
What you’ll need
- Proven track record of project management for large, complex projects
- Proven track record of effective stakeholder management for complex, large scale projects
- Experience with business writing to diverse audience (regulator, technical roles, non-technical roles, senior executives)
- Experience with process building/ improvements for new and existing processes
- Ability to both dive into the details as well as summarized most important information to senior management
- Ability to deliver excellent results that exceed requirements, plan appropriately to meet multiple objectives, and proactively identify and resolve issues
- Understanding of the value of speed to market and ability to balance between elegant problem solving and business need of the hour
- Positive attitude and team player
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant field (Consulting, Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Big Tech, Startup)
- A bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Minimum GPA 3.5/4 (US), 60% (UK), 8/10 in any other country
Nice to have
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, R and Python etc. & other data analysis tools
- Experience launching a branch for a challenger or traditional bank
- Master’s degree from a top university
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.