- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
- Product Engineering
Since 2015, Revolut has introduced over 15 million customers to a new way to handle their money. From instant spending notifications and built-in budgeting controls, to global currency exchange and stock trading, customers simply get more with Revolut. We approach building Products at Revolut the same way that we approach everything else. We take complex issues, and create extraordinary solutions that our customers love. From onboarding flows to new feature presentations, our goal is to both inform and delight. Put simply, we build things we want to use ourselves, that we’re proud to show to our friends and families.
About the role
The Product Director for the UK Bank will play a key role in driving product strategy for our existing products as well as developing new product initiatives, with the aim of driving mass adoption of Revolut’s products.
Each dedicated product team is responsible for all aspects of what they are building, from compliance and legal to business development and finance. Teams operate independently like a mini-startup within Revolut, with its own tech and design resources. This not only allows for fast-paced development and pivots, it facilitates passionate, close-knit teams that work closely together to achieve their goals.
What you need to achieve
Establish framework for tracking competitive positions and product performance in a given market.
Build market and competitive research framework to be used by the UK Bank to identify market gaps and key product initiatives that drive mass adoption of Revolut in the UK.
- Oversight of all retail and business products offered to the UK bank customers to align with overall Bank Strategy.
- Be responsible for product planning and product marketing for all UK Bank products.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading a team of entity level Product Managers to work with the Group to create a structured product roadmap and ensure efficient rollout.
- Conduct sophisticated research and analysis on market trends, competition, customer behaviours, and Revolut’s positioning to yield key insights that drive product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to get a holistic understanding of customers’ problems and market opportunities.
- Build business cases for new product initiatives, with a focus on market and opportunity sizing.
- Work in close proximity with executive leadership as well as heads of departments to drive product strategy, resource investment, and KPI calibration.
- As a member of the UK Bank Executive Committee, work with heads of departments to drive product strategy, resource investment, and KPI calibration.
- Champion an effective and rigorous decision making culture while leading critical projects based on emergent business needs.
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of work experience in marketing with Retail banking products (Cards, Loans, Current accounts) with experience in fast growth or hyper growth tech company
- A strong understanding of the UK Banking landscape and products
- Excellent C-level communication and stakeholder communication
- Consumer product mindset with a near-unreasonable high bar for user experience tradeoffs for business benefits
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community of forward-thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual discretionary performance bonus (equity)
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.