- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Product Engineering
About the team
Revolut for Business is a business account platform for domestic and international payments, designed to save SMEs time and money. We have thousands of businesses signing up everyday in Europe and now we want to take the product into new markets.
Our product teams are the workshops that transform Revolut’s ideas into reality. From creating Metal cards to developing cutting edge features such as Crypto Trading, Vaults, Budgeting/Analytics and Social Payments, each area of Revolut’s offering is owned by a dedicated product team with responsibility for all aspects of what they are building, from compliance and legal to business development and finance.
Each product team operates independently like a mini-startup within Revolut, with its own tech and design resources. This not only allows for fast-paced development and pivots, but it also facilitates passionate, close-knit teams that work closely together to achieve their goals.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Owner to take Revolut for Business global, by pushing further into existing markets and launching into new markets.
Your objective is to make our product hyper competitive in your market, which will be either an existing market such as Poland or France, or a new market such as the USA or Singapore. You will hire and lead a full-stack product team, set the roadmap and own this team’s delivery.
The work will include making some fundamental updates to the existing product. For example, do you need local language customer service? Then will make it happen technically and engage with the right people to operationalise it.
Secondly, you’ll need to make the product even more competitive in your market. For example, do we need a new type of payment specific to the US market? You will lead the work to make this a reality.
This role requires you to:
- Build and own a detailed development roadmap to adapt product, launch and scale
- Take ownership of ensuring Revolut is compliant with all local laws and regulations
- Hire full-stack team to scale and customise product for new market
- Build a strong relationship with the broader product team and territory leaders
- Scale the product in the geography — you’ll analyse, prioritise, optimise, and repeat
- Know how to find out what SME customers need and build the next generation of B2B products
- Manage stakeholders and a full-stack team
What you’ll need
You love solving problems
- You have 5+ years experience creating customer facing products, ideally in high-growth start-ups
- You have extensive experience building intuitive navigation and UX for large feature sets (background in information architecture is preferred)
- Strong empathy for customers and an unwillingness to compromise on user-centred design
- You are highly logical and highly technical
- You have a track record of building successful products using data, customer feedback, common sense, and / or machine learning
Even better if you have any of the following:
- Worked in a startup in hyper growth model
- Successfully launched a business or product in a new market or founded a company
- Working knowledge of SQL and/or Python
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual discretionary performance bonus (equity)
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year