- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Management
About the team
Since 2015, Revolut has introduced over 12 million customers to a new way to handle their money. From instant spending notifications and built-in budgeting controls, to global currency exchange and stock trading, customers simply get more with Revolut.
One incontestable contributors of this expansion is our drive to deliver high quality products to our users, in their language of preference. Revolut support 23 different languages across the globe and strives for the highest localised quality content for each of its release.
For that, the localisation team continuously seeks to work with product, growth and marketing teams in order to design processes that enables efficient and high quality localisation across all our supported products, platforms and medias.
About the role
If you are one the rare masters of your native language, are detail oriented, always push for perfection, and you understand the importance of speaking to customers like humans, then we’ve got the perfect role for you. We’re looking for a hands-on and passionate Language Owners to climb on board and take the lead and ownership of one or more of our supported languages across all platforms (Website, App, Coms , ...). We’ve built an incredible brand, and we are one of the fastest growing technology startups in the world as a result.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure that any translation/copywriting tasks are being performed if extra capacity is required
- Own and perform quality checks on the localised content of your assigned language(s), having a direct impact on thousands of customers.
- Own and improve constantly linguistic assets (Style guides, glossaries) as new product and features are released.
- Optimise the quality of the existing website, mobile app and communication content by designing a localisation framework and collaborating with our translating partners.
- Work with the latest versions of the App/Website on a daily basis and ensuring that we deliver the most outstanding localised platforms among Fintechs
What you’ll need
You’re a native speaker of your language or have completed a high level language certification
Fluent in English
- Bachelor degree with at least 2:1 or equivalent
- Knowledge on fundamentals of content localisation
- Strong writing, editorial, and reviewing skills
- Experience in writing creative and engaging content
- You are incredibly hands-on yet comfortable taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You are naturally well organised and stay cool when working under tight deadlines
- You are incredibly driven, hungry and learn from your mistakes
- You believe in what we are doing and are truly passionate about disrupting finance
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private medical care
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.