- Vilnius, LT
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Regulatory Affairs
- Financial Services
What we need
Revolut is seeking an experienced Regulatory Compliance Manager specialising in banking activities to ensure that the Revolut Regulatory Compliance Frameworks are compliant with the relevant regulations and the proper controls exist. Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. The Regulatory Compliance Manager (Banking) will be working in our Vilnius office with a team of other Regulatory Compliance Managers focusing on different regulatory fields (including, but not limited to payments regulations and personal data protection).
This position is critical to support the growth of Revolut’s business and will be the focal point for all activity within Revolut relating to regulatory compliance. This role will require the development and maintenance of Revolut’s compliance strategies and relevant policies and ensure their rigorous implementation across all functions within the business, while guaranteeing sustained regulatory compliance.
At Revolut, we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the banking / payments industry working as a compliance officer or a lawyer (or with such experience from a law firm working on these fields) and who is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance.
Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills are a must as is experience in applying local and EU level requirements for credit institutions or other types of payment service providers. This role will demand high-levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing, managing, refining and documenting regulatory compliance processes to manage regulatory risk primarily in the fields of personal data protection and payments regulations
- Conducting thematic reviews of existing policies / procedures and processes to identify any compliance gaps and leading the remediation where any are identified
- Monitoring and testing the existing compliance controls
- Working closely with the Group Regulatory Compliance function and other senior managers across the business to identify, assess, update and mitigate the regulatory compliance risks posed to Revolut and determining the priorities and resources required to effectively control them
- Communicating with all necessary staff to ensure they understand their responsibilities and are trained in Revolut policies and procedures
- Support to the business where necessary regarding the launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met, as appropriate
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Collaborate with internal Compliance teams (such as Financial Crime, Compliance Operations, Risk & Controls) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
- Partner with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
What skills you’ll need
- +3 years of experience in compliance role in a bank licensed or other payment service provider in Lithuania or at a law firm focusing on related issues
- Project management and communication skills including the ability to oversee implementation of complex projects
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in Lithuanian banking sector regulations (note that compliance with anti-money laundering regulations is outside the scope of this role)
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
- Deep knowledge of the Lithuanian and EU financial sector regulatory environment and key regulatory compliance regimes.
- Understanding of banking systems and markets with a focus on technology and mobile applications
Fluent in English and Lithuanian
A Bachelor’s degree in law, with a relevant Master’s Degree preferred
- The role may be required to provide a formal attestation at periodic intervals.
- Salary: 5416 - 6000EUR (Gross Monthly)
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.