- Bucharest, RO
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
About the team
Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the driving force behind Revolut’s platform. From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, our tech team is at the heart of everything we do.
Working in Technology at Revolut is not about fixing legacy systems – it is about building world-class financial products from the ground up that will be used by millions. We’ve hired some of the most talented developers out there to help us do this – and we want you to join them.
About the role
We’re looking for Backend Engineers to be stationed in Romania, office location is Bucharest but you can also work remotely from anywhere in Romania.
We’ve hired some of the most talented engineers and designers that the world of tech has to offer, and we are keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in.
What you’ll be doing
- The work will focus mostly on greenfield development and improvement of existing systems.
- Projects will include building mobile APIs, developing microservices to evolve our architecture, and perfecting a number of systems that our business depends on (eg. risk management, fraud detection, and payment processing).
- Our technology stack is based predominantly on Java 11 on the backend.
- There is an opportunity to introduce Kotlin for new components.
- We have a minimalist approach to using external frameworks, with emphasis on maintainability and fast turnaround with TDD, DDD and continuous integration & delivery.
What you’ll need
- Fluent in Java or Kotlin
- Minimum 5 years of experience in back-end development
- Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other Engineering / Science disciplines
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
A little about us… When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for… Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- Latest technology to do your impactful work with
- Roll with a free Revolut Premium or Metal subscription
- 33 days’ paid annual leave per year