- Bucharest, RO
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
About the team
Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the driving force behind Revolut’s platform. From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, our tech team is at the heart of everything we do.
Working in Technology at Revolut is not about fixing legacy systems – it is about building world-class financial products from the ground up that will be used by millions. We’ve hired some of the most talented developers out there to help us do this – and we want you to join them.
About the role
We’re looking for Lead Backend Engineers to be based anywhere in Romania & work remotely.
We’ve hired some of the most talented engineers and designers that the world of tech has to offer, and we’re keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in.
As a Technical Lead engineer within Revolut you will be responsible for leading technical direction and setting the bar in our projects. Expect “Design it, build it, run it” with a team of strong, driven contributors. You will be working on a solution end to end, designing data flows, storage patterns and ensuring peaceful sleep by building in adequate monitoring and resilience. All while spreading your influence through code reviews and mentoring.
What you’ll need
- Strong experience with Java8+.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of relational databases.
- Strong understanding of event driven architecture.
- Experience in delivering projects from discovery to production.
- Experience working with highly available systems.
- Strong understanding of system reliability and stability patterns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer science or a related field. (Mathematics, Physics, etc)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Kotlin and Scala.
- Experience within Finance.
- Experience within a start-up or scale-up.
- Experience within a product focussed environment.