- Saint Petersburg, RU
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
About the team
Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the driving force behind Revolut’s platform. From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, our tech team is at the heart of everything we do.
Working in Technology at Revolut is not about fixing legacy systems – it is about building world-class financial products from the ground up that will be used by millions. We’ve hired some of the most talented developers out there to help us do this – and we want you to join them.
As a Technical Lead engineer within Revolut you will be responsible for leading technical direction and setting the bar in our projects. Expect “Design it, build it, run it” with a team of strong, driven contributors. You will be working on a solution end to end, designing data flows, storage patterns and ensuring peaceful sleep by building in adequate monitoring and resilience. All while spreading your influence through code reviews and mentoring.
- Strong experience with Java8+.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of relational databases.
- Strong understanding of event driven architecture.
- Experience in delivering projects from discovery to production.
- Experience working with highly available systems.
- Strong understanding of system reliability and stability patterns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer science or a related field. (Mathematics, Physics, etc)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Kotlin and Scala.
- Experience within Finance.
- Experience within a start-up or scale-up.
- Experience within a product focussed environment.
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Medical insurance
- Skip the commute and work from home once a week
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap