- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We’re looking for an operationally-minded and friendly Workplace Operations Lead to supervise operations in our Menlo Park campus. As a Workplace Operations Lead, you will lead the workplace team’s efforts to create and maintain a productive, safe, and comfortable working environment. You’ll uphold office efficiency by planning, implementing, and maintaining office systems and layouts. You’ll represent Robinhood as a liaison to our vendors by managing and assessing the relationships. You will work cross-functionally with everyone at the company for various office needs.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Managing and mentoring various members of the Menlo Park Workplace Operations Team (including, but not limited to the front desk coordinators)
- Running company programs & operations to ensure a seamless day-to-day experience
- Prioritizing multiple vendors, scheduling meetings/repairs as necessary, and regularly reviewing their benefit to the company
- Taking ownership of space planning, desk assignments, and project leading frequent team shuffles
- Representing Robinhood culture and keeping morale high by helping plan, coordinate, and execute various company events
- Working with Physical Security to prioritize the safety of all Robinhood employees within our spaces
- Partnering closely with Procurement to make sure all proposals and new vendors are accurately onboarded, utilizing the right resources to push proposals through to ensure timelines are met
- Performing basic ad hoc office errands as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in a workplace/facilities/operations management role
- Experience managing, coaching, and retaining talent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- Passion for mentoring, leading, and empowering team members to be their best selves at work
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and a proven ability to take ownership of multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion and emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to partner with multiple teams and a variety of functions
- Strong vendor and contract management skills, with experience in coordinating an RFP process from beginning to end
- Excellent problem solving skills, with an ability to recognize opportunities and develop ways of addressing them
- Comprehensive knowledge of Google GSuite Apps: Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).