- New York
- Menlo Park
- Lake Mary, FL
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Business Development
- Financial Services
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
Robinhood is looking for a motivated Business Continuity and Resilience Senior Manager to drive the company’s business continuity management and disaster recovery program and to integrate processes into teams across the company. This position will report to and work closely with the Head of Enterprise Risk Governance in order to implement an overall approach including documentation, testing, exercises and automation of business continuity and disaster recovery analysis and planning across the company. Additionally, this Senior Manager role will be responsible for organizing and maintaining the business continuity and disaster recovery program to ensure our teams, products, and technology platform are prepared to respond to a business impacting event. We are looking for somebody who is passionate about business resilience, a natural program manager, and is knowledgeable and driven to implement a robust program in a hyper growth environment. This person will have a passion for technology, experience with complex systems, and can demonstrate experience in business continuity and disaster recovery.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the Business Continuity and Resilience Program, including Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Incident and Crisis Management
- Leads and supports the functions and business lines to ensure the company is meeting both client and regulatory requirements related to all program pillars (BCP, DR, ICM, etc). This includes providing training and awareness on required deliverables, tracking and monitoring for completion, conducting quality assurance reviews and validation testing, and reporting back to management, regulators, and the Board of Directors, as required.
- Work cross functionally with leadership and teams across entities to define and implement business impact assessments, coordinate and lead business continuity and disaster recovery tabletops and exercises, identify and prioritize remediation, and track completion
- Partner with entity and functional leads to implement and maintain disaster recovery plans and metrics to ensure the security and integrity of company technology and data, and identify program improvements
- Own remediation items identified in exercises and assessments, collaborating with partner teams to design new processes and policies that close gaps
- Maintain compliance with all standards, regulations, and requirements
- Possess and continuously enhance current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and jurisdictional nuances that can impact program implementation
- Establish training with business and functional units to test operational resilience of programs
- Create reports as needed for different levels of leadership, covering all aspects of BCP and DR
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 3-5 years in leadership and 8+ years of experience in business continuity, disaster recovery, or related risk assessment and remediation at a technology or fintech company
- Strong technical aptitude with project management skills, capable of learning emerging products and creating plans to support the business
- Experience with AWS-built environments, SaaS provider architecture, and cloud based disaster recovery methodology
- Outstanding communicator and writer; experience with drafting project plans across multiple stakeholders, holding teams accountable to their deliverables, and producing final reports
- Ability to risk rank multiple high priority items and advocate successfully for technical and business teams
- Knowledgeable and experienced in crisis management best practices
- Experience in defining, implementing and ensuring risk-based standards, processes and procedures for responding to disruptions in business or IT operations
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while still meeting deliverables
Nice to haves:
Business Continuity Certification (CBCP, MBCP, BCCE, etc)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).