- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Business Development
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We are a fairly nascent and nimble Product Partnerships team that is working very closely with product teams at Robinhood to help enable our product roadmap. By way of sitting in the product org, we often share OKRs with our product teams. Our mandate consists of exploring, negotiating, integrating, and managing product partnerships.
We are looking for a Manager, Platform Partnerships, to both explore and negotiate, but then also own, develop, and manage our strategic partnerships with companies that are core to the functionality of our platform.
The Platform team within Robinhood is composed of several product teams that build products and features that ensure the stability, utility and safety of our platform for all of our users. From the moment that a user wants to open a new account, to when they want to learn about investing, to the moment they decide to move money out of the app – we seek to provide an experience that always works smoothly and safely. Many of these goals can only be achieved through partnerships with partners across areas like Risk, Fraud, Safety, KYC, Identity Management, Content, Education, and many more.
The ideal candidate is passionate about negotiating, establishing and growing strategic relationships, an experienced cross-functional collaborator, and has the mindset of advocating for our customers and Robinhood in face of uncertainty. The candidate brings both analytical skills to help negotiate partnerships, as well as operational skills to facilitate partnership integrations and to deal with the day-to-day challenges.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Help explore new opportunities in the platform-related areas you will support by continuously developing and nurturing relationships in the industry
- Support the negotiation process with companies we want to partner with, always putting the user first.
- Assume day-to-day ownership of our existing partnerships with strategic partners that enable our platform operations (Risk & Fraud, Safety & Security, Onboarding & Identity, Content & Education)
- Work closely with the product teams at Robinhood to understand the needs we have towards our partners and how these partners can help accelerate projects on our roadmap
- Build relationships with the C-team and key functional leaders in the partners’ organizations to learn about trends and influence decision-making favorably towards Robinhood and its users
- Support product integrations and onboarding of new partners, working highly cross-functionally at Robinhood with Product, Design, Research, Operations, and others
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or other relevant field
- 4+ years experience in partnerships, business development or strategy in the technology or financial services industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Deep knowledge of online business models and consumer technology, with a visionary eye towards where the industry is headed
- Resourceful, persistent and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and sometimes uncertain environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize key initiatives and operational tasks.
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- MBA, MS or other advanced degree with experience in a related field
- Experience working in the FinTech space
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).