- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Oct. 4, 2021
- Business Development
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a Senior Corporate Development Manager to accelerate Robinhood’s strategic roadmap by identifying, vetting, and executing mergers, acquisitions, and a variety of other potential transactions. You will develop a detailed understanding of Robinhood’s strategic objectives and market landscape, working to identify high-potential acquisition opportunities across existing and future market verticals and geographies. You will help build out Robinhood’s network and develop relationships that may lead to acquisitions or strategic investments in the future. You will work closely with deal sponsors and cross-functional leaders across Robinhood on all aspects of M&A, including business case construction, valuation analysis, deal structuring, negotiation, due diligence, and deal execution. You will present acquisition opportunities to company leadership, facilitate key acquisition decisions, and provide post-acquisition performance updates. The ideal candidate is strategic, relationship-oriented, analytical, creative, and results-oriented.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Analyzing Robinhood’s strategic landscape, gathering competitive industry intelligence, and sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing M&A transactions
- Leading deal evaluation meetings, driving decision-making, and negotiating deals with objectivity, diplomacy, and effectiveness
- Creating strategic relationships that provide the opportunity for potential future acquisitions or investments
- Building scalable processes and best practices for Robinhood’s Corporate Development functions
- Developing strong relationships with Robinhood executives, advisors, entrepreneurs and investors in the technology and financial services communities
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 8+ years experience in corporate development, finance, partnerships, or strategy roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Deep knowledge of digital/mobile business models and consumer technology
- Resourceful, persistent and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize key initiatives and related tasks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- MBA or other advanced degree with experience in a related field
- Prior experience in corporate development at a fast-scaling consumer-facing technology company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).