- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood. This Data Scientist - Business Analytics role at Robinhood will work with partners in finance, legal, product, and compliance to access and analyze data from all parts of our business to make sure that our company complies with all necessary regulatory and legal requirements so that we can continue to build world class products and serve our customers. Our company trajectory is defined in part by our ability to succeed in this mission.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working with key partners in finance to make sure that we have all of the information we need, guide the finance team as they make data-driven decisions, and making sure that we can operate under the scrutiny of what a public company would operate under
- Work with key partners in legal to insure that we respond to and meet all of our regulatory requirements, understand how data can be used to better respond to concerns in a proactive a manner, and to help our regulatory partners better understand how Robinhood is serving our users
- Help automate, productionalize data extraction and models, and build self-service tools for our partners so that we can accomplish our financial and legal mission.
- Adapting quantitative techniques to solve problems surfaced by multiple perspectives
- Mentoring others as needed to democratize the use of data within the company
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working in business analytics, business intelligence, or litigation support (from a data perspective).
- BA/BS in a hard science (such as engineering or computer science) or a social science where data collection, data sanitation, and data quality are essential to success.
- Expert level SQL skills
- Excellent programming skills, including expert level familiarity with either Python (numpy, scipy, pandas) or R programming languages
- Experience communicating data driven insights
- High attention to detail
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Strong interest in the legal and regulatory process
- Intense sense of curiosity
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.