- Menlo Park
- Charlotte, NC
- Lake Mary, FL
- Denver, CO
- Westlake, TX
- Tempe, AZ
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About The Role
We are looking for a dynamic leader to lead the BI/Visualization team to democratize data and drive data-obsessed decisioning for all employees by helping to lead Robinhood Looker instances. In this particular role, you will enable a shift to statistical, advanced analytics to drive business solutions - In this role, you will maintain relationships with leaders at our contact centers, designing the dashboards and scorecards needed to run the business. This leader will lead and coach a team of BI analysts on the next generation of analytics including predictive, while supporting current analytics and advanced reporting needs of multiple groups .
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Oversee team results and commitments including:
- Data analysis, designing and deploying dashboards, and identifying key trends based on data
- Developing key metric reports
- Ensuring high quality data is presented in a logical and understandable format for the user
- Developing executive report summaries for senior leadership
- Providing strategic analysis to senior level management, translating analysis into informed decisions
- Providing architectural guidance and solution engineering in support of the CX organization
- Working with key management members to identify automation or report enhancement opportunities (including alternative approaches to data visualization) and data process streamlining.
- Assisting in the design, development, testing and implementation of new or modified systems to meet changing requirements.
- Establish audit procedures for database, queries and reports to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Establish schedules to ensure reports are generated and distributed in a timely manner
- Establish project planning principles within the team to commit to enhancements to standardized work
- Lead and develop team members in the areas of dashboards, scorecards, predictive analytics and machine learning in order to grow their capabilities and progress our analytics delivery
- Establish relationships with the business leaders in the CX organization and drive performance analytics solution
- Business Intelligence and Analytics leader with consistent record of building analytics teams
- Strong SQL skills and experience in data visualization and overall database administration to provide direction for team members
- Experience in creating Looker dashboards from end to end, including writing Looker ML code
- Experience creating style guides, coding reviews, governance processes and access controls
- Passion for creating data and metrics documentations to enable self-service reporting, and maintaining the consistency and quality of dashboards
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in one or more analytics languages like Python / R etc.
- Experience with enterprise HCM solutions, particularly Workday and its report writer capabilities
- Provide technical direction on database design,
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analysis skills for researching, analyzing, developing, and leading in the implementation of Human Resources related programs and recommendations
- Degree in a business or quantitative field (engineering, economics, mathematics, business administration) with 10+ years of directly related experience is required
- Experience in visualizations both from data queries perspective and story-telling perspective
- Experienced leader with a high degree of sensitivity and ability to run organizational change to intercultural personnel and corporate dynamics
- Experience democratizing data and BI - up-skilling organizations to make data insights self-service
- Experience leading data and analytics teams and working with call centers and/or customer experience teams
- Experience leading analytics teams to work across organizations with various levels and partners to prioritize dashboard needs and align reporting to the business
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
For Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for this role is from $153,000 to $162,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications. Successful candidates for this role are eligible to participate in Robinhood’s equity plan. In addition, Robinhood offers a comprehensive benefits package, including generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA) fitness and wellness benefits, employee recognition programs, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).