- Lake Mary, FL
- Westlake, TX
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Data Science
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for identifying and tracking key metrics that drive Robinhood Securities clearing operations. You will work closely with internal operations, technology teams, and with external vendors to understand the data and business challenges and advise leadership on streamlined solutions and operational strategy. You’ll use data to craft recommendations in support of strategic initiatives, build new tools, and report on the health of Robinhood’s clearing operations including quantitative analytics, automate reconciliations, create reports, and build robust dashboards. A successful candidate will have a solid technical background as well as fundamental knowledge of brokerage operations and clearing functions.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner closely with key stakeholders in clearing operations, data engineering, and product teams to identify key metrics, and improve, de-risk, and scale Robinhood’s products, systems, and clearing operations processes
- Convert Clearing Operations metrics to easily digestible dashboards of management information via data visualization tools such as Looker
- Develop automated data solutions, ad-hoc reports or data extracts to support business operations and satisfy regulatory requests
- Ensure data requirements for operations teams are met when launching new initiatives or products
- Identifying and assessing emerging risks, and advising on mitigation strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance or related field
- 2-5 years of qualifying experience in a professional data analysis capacity
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python, or R programming languages to drive data analysis and solutions
- Passion for performing data analytics and using statistical techniques to uncover meaningful insights that drive management decision making
- Enthusiastic about creating data and metrics documentations to enable self-service reporting, and maintaining the consistency and quality of dashboards
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Experience working at a fast-paced financial services company
- Experience with Looker in a developer capacity (writing LookML, creating Views and Explores, building dashboards, etc.)
- SIE, Series 7, Series 63, Series 57, Series 24
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).