- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Data Science
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood. The People Analytics team uses data from various sources to drive recommendations across the full life cycle of candidates and employees. We’re looking for a Manager, People Data Management to help define our data strategy, manage the build of a People Data Warehouse, and develop and implement a robust data governance framework for People Analytics.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Collaborate with our vendor partner (One Model) to setup data feeds and build integrated data models that support various descriptive and advanced analytics use cases
- Define and maintain metadata for data assets across domains in a logically structured and easily understandable format
- Classify data elements by sensitivity level and define appropriate access levels by group (e.g., People Partners, CoEs) to drive an aligned access model across solutions
- Catalogue collections of ‘certified’ source system reports and drive towards a single source of truth
- In partnership with legal and privacy counsel, establish and manage a people data governance framework to drive efficiently decisioning on requests for sensitive people data and analytics
- Manage data quality by defining profiling rules and building exceptions reports and dashboards to help process and system owners quickly action on issues
- Build data dictionary and lineage documentation
- Maintain org restatement logic to support trending analyses
- Assist with the development of taxonomies and associated documentation
- Coordinate and manage historical and ad-hoc data loads into the DW
- Experience with Agile, specifically requirements definition, developing business use cases, and testing
- Experience writing SQL queries to validate data
- A history of successfully managing data migration/implementation projects in alignment with data strategy and architecture standards and best practices
- Experience managing attributes (e.g., derived data elements, model scores) and driving towards a single source of truth
- Experience with data stewardship and building/maturing a data governance discipline
- Expertise in data warehousing and data modeling (e.g., star schemas, Type 2 SCDs)
- 3+ years experience building reporting and dashboards with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, or similar
- Willingness and ability to be a utility player, diving in to support the diverse data needs coming from our partners
- Working knowledge of Greenhouse, Workday, and One Model
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Hive, and the AWS platform
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth tech company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).